Sunday, November 13, 2016

Scrappy Nativity Christmas Card

Can you believe that I have another card to share with you today. Yes, for those who want to know I've been hiding in my craft room a lot lately. I've been trying to get ahead with crafting holiday/winter cards since I plan to donate some of the cards. I've also been entering challenges with the hope of getting my name out in the crafting world. Plus it is fun at least for me to stretch my creative muscles and see what I can come up.

Talking about hiding in the craft room Hiding In My Craft Room has a scrap challenge for this week. If you are like me you are drowning in scraps so this is a good way to use them up. On the other hand maybe you are not like me and save leftover pieces and even dies that don't necessarily cut correctly. Of course if I have scraps left over of experimental papers I have to save those. ;-) Okay enough of my yakking because I know you want to see what I came up with.

I knew I wanted to use the scrap of my spray starch with Perfect Pearl sprinkled on. I so love the backgrounds I created that way using a dark paper as the base.

I also wanted to make a Christmas card.  Then I saw the Nativity die cut which didn't cut out all the way. I had to finish cutting it out by hand and the upper part where there were stars was no good. However, later on I can use that part as a stencil ;-)  This was initially designed for a popup card so if you look really closely you may see the score marks but because it is black card the score line is hard to see.Then it was what to back the piece with as it blended in too much with the background. Looking further in my different containers of scraps I found the piece of embossed metallic card.  Sometimes I don't use a full piece which I have embossed. Needless to say I'm starting to also drown in those pieces.

I bought at a warehouse store a bag of star sequins. There are so many stars in the bag that I don't think I'll use all of them in my lifetime. Lol!

I wanted to add a sentiment but all of my stamps were either too large or didn't look right stamped and cut apart to fit. I spied my box of alphabet stamps which dare I admit I've only used once. When I stamped the Merry Christmas I realize why as they are not square on the mounts. Which is probably why the box of them was on sale. Good thing I'm not a perfectionist. Lol!

I use wax dividers like what one would use to separate hamburger patties for freezing. With a thousand in a box they are a bargain.  Since they are 6" by 6" I always have scraps of them which often work well for stamping sentiments on. Also they become almost transparent when glued on with a thin layer of Tombow multi-purpose glue. Normally I use Stazon ink for stamping but decided to see what would happen using Brilliance Copper.  Yeah! It didn't smear like some inks do and gave me a crisp image.

There you have it my scrappy Christmas card. It was fun looking through all my scraps and seeing what I could come up. Since one of my crafting resolutions  for this year is to use more of my scraps this challenge fits right in. Details can be found here:
 http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/2016/11/himcr-275-super-scraps-saturday.html

I would love to have you join in the challenge. The more the merrier. Also if you do decide to use scraps in your crafting I would love to see your project. You can post your project on my facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/craftingfrugalway

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and that I have inspired you. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again.

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty card!!
    Thanks for the tip regarding the wax dividers.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)