Saturday, December 24, 2016

HIMCR #281 Any Holiday But Christmas

Hi everyone this week's challenge over at Hiding In My Craft Room is brought to you by My Besties. The winner of this challenge will get the three images that are used by the design team.

At first when I saw this image I thought how am I going to use this in a project without it being Christmas especially since the day this post will air is Christmas Eve day. I decided to go with Valentine's. I took this cute girl into PhotoShop and added hearts. I also colored her in PhotoShop. Then did embellishing after I printed.



My background was a piece where I was experimenting with my peeled paint technique. It didn't turn out like I had planned so I went and sanded. Then I used a Darice embossing folder. I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing so ended up doing debossing. Then I took the piece out of the folder and painted on Precious Metal which is a liquid gold medium. I wiped some of the gold off. Then when dry I brushed on DecoArt Antiquing Cream and let it dry. Then I took a damp paper towel to wipe some of the medium off.

I used a clear glitter pen to outline the two hearts. As well as to do the shoelaces,the dots on the scarf and the center of the flower in her hair. I used a yellow glaze pen to add a little big of texture and highlights in her hair.

Then I cut my image out using my circle Spellbinder die. (For some reason my oval ones have disappeared.) Then using chalks and my finger I colored the edge with pink and the inside with blue.

That's a wrap for now. Wishing those of you who celebrate Christmas "A Blessed Christmas". Also wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again.



2 comments:

  1. How clever of you to add hearts in photoshop. Your card is so cute. Yes indeed Valentines Day will be here before we know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I received your lovely Christmas Card. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)