Saturday, June 10, 2017

Happy Little Stamper Glitter Challenge

Hi everyone the only challenges I've been doing lately is for the challenge blog that I'm a design team member. Since I'm caught up on my obligations for this month I thought it would be fun to see what I could do for a challenge. Gracie from Graciellie Designs sent me the Lady Set which is a new release. There are also three other releases of digital stamps which had me drooling. Luckily my dogs have hidden my credit cards somewhere and changed my PayPal password.

 You can see and order the stamps sets here and while you are at it check out her blog where she has all kinds of tutorials:
Graciellie Design Stamps

Next Saturday I will have on my blog here projects using the Lady Set but thought it would be fun to do a card with a collage of the images and some of the sentiments. I'm so in love with this set that I can't stop playing with it.

As the title says I'm entering this card in the Happy Little Stamper Mixed Media Challenge.
I would love it if you would join me in this challenge. Details can be found here:
http://www.happylittlestampers.com/2017/06/hls-june-mixed-media-challenge.html

O.K. I know you don't want to read all of my babbling like a brook so without further ado here is my card. Which like usual as the mad scientist I am I did experimenting.


My first experiment was creating my background. I've read about making marks in wet acrylic paint but have never done it. I probably should have use my mixed media paper but since I couldn't find it I used a piece of 110# Georgia Pacific card stock.

I knew that Folk Art metallic paints dry super fast so I decided to see what would happen if I added matte medium which I happened to recently find on clearance and had not played with. I went ahead and squirted directly on my card stock both the paint and medium. Then used a sponge brush to blend the paint and medium over the card. While still wet I took a round plastic canvas and randomly stamped into the wet paint. I discovered you have to be quick doing this and preferably do a small piece instead of a letter size piece.

After the paint was pretty much dry I looked at it and decided to see what would happen if I brushed on Folk Art Extreme Glitter. I brushed my glitter paint on and realized that my design was being covered up. So once again I took my canvas plastic and randomly stamped.

I let the paint completely dry and then brushed Precious Metal over the piece. Wet a brush since Precious Metal is sort of thick and brushed over my panel and with a paper towel removed some of the gold. A paint glaze could be used, antiquing glaze, Liquid Metal, etc.

I bought at a thrift store water resistant photo paper so decided to print on that and see what would work to color it. This was Glossy and I've only used the matte before. I printed out my images and on a scrap tried different things. Gelatos used as paint only worked for a small area like the face.  I could not get a good coverage on the dress. So I ended up reprinting the lady wearing the dress. Since I had only done the faces I decided to color lady 1 and 2 using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers. Normally the markers seem to only get used with my airbrush.

If you look carefully you may be able to see the sparkle on the feathers. I used a Sakura Gelly Roll to accent the feathers.

I should have used my guillotine trimmer as my trimmer for some reason mangled my piece on one edge. Luckily I just happened to have the plain gold tape in my stash.

Thank you for stopping by today. Wishing You Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)