Saturday, August 19, 2017

Reading Is Beary Awesome

HI everyone it is the third Saturday of the month which means it is time for either a theme or technique challenge. As I write this the challenge has not been totally decided since we had a problem getting the images. Originally it was going to be Back To School and when the challenge goes live it may well be since many of us worked with the images we already had from the sponsor with that theme in mind. Also this week we did get the images.Thankfully I had left a space in my project just in case I got the images.

Details about the challenge can be found here:
Hiding In My Craft Room

This week the sponsor is Melonheadz. The giveaway for this challenge is a bundle in either precolored or black and white.


When I was thinking of school I was thinking about the importance of reading. In fact reading was so important to me that I spent a whole summer teaching my younger sister who was struggling how to read. I must have been successful because today she enjoys reading just as much as I still do. Some women are not to be trusted with a credit card for me I can't be trusted with a library card since there is no limit on how many books I can check out. LOL! Right now I only have ten items checked out and two of those are DVD's. For me this is a small amount. O.K. enough yakking. On to my project. I hope the library staff will like this card.


Bookcase is free clipart I found online. The bear here on the front and inside is from the Bears Colored collection. The word "read" is not included in the set. After cutting out the bear I pop dotted him on the front.


I added "Reading is" to the beary awesome which is part of the collection.  The bear does not come with the Reading Room image which I also found online. The boy is from the Library Line Art collection. The line art is black and white. Of course I had fun coloring him.  The background from pattern paper in my stash. Also the alphabet washi tape used to cover the folds is from my stash. It is by Studio G.

Thank you for stopping by. Come back soon. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

1 comment:

  1. very cute - my granddaughter would love this card. so creative

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)